Coaching for Technical Experts
To get ahead, you have to get along with a variety of people. And you have to communicate your ideas in a way that other people can understand and implement.
Your success at work depends not just on your technical or scientific expertise, but also on your communication and presentation skills.
Chris Witt works with scientists, engineers, and programmers who want to interact more efficiently and productively with other people. He focuses primarily on their communication and presentation skills.
Many of his clients have been promoted (or want to be promoted) to a position that requires them to be more adept in building cooperation and rapport with others. Or they want to be more confident in the ability to present their ideas without confusing people or losing their interest.
- Do you sometimes have problems understanding why people do and say things the way they do?
- Do other people misunderstand you?
- Do they think you’re being stubborn or insensitive or unfriendly when you don’t think you’re being that way at all?
- Are you ever frustrated because people seem to tune you out, even when you have something important to say?
- Does it bother you that they aren’t interested in what you’re talking about or don’t see its value?
It doesn’t have to be that way.
You can understand different people’s motivations and communication styles. And you can communicate with them in a way that is more mutually satisfying.
You’ll know within the first month of working with Chris whether things are working out or not. Within three months you’ll begin noticing improvements. Within six months other people will be commenting on the positive changes they’ve noticed.
“In the short time I worked with Chris my confidence level and presentation skills grew tremendously.”
– Mike Caro, Accounts Manager, Zenith Insurance
Chris Witt has an easy-going, but no-nonsense style. He’s direct when it comes to giving advice or making suggestions. At the same time, he’s respectful and kind. He creates a safe, confidential place for people so that they can change in their own way at their own pace.
What have you got to lose? If you are thinking seriously about coaching, contact Chris for a complimentary call. There’s no pressure and no commitment.